Following reports by Barnardo’s and the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) indicating that this disturbing phenomenon is far more widespread than previously imagined, whilst victims are becoming younger and grooming more sophisticated, the Government has underlined its commitment to eradicating such abuse, launching its new ‘Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation Action Plan’ (November 2011).
This timely symposium provides an invaluable opportunity for front line practitioners from the police, social services, health, education and third sector to:
- Analyse the Government’s Action Plan and determine the next steps to tackle child sexual exploitation nationally and locally;
- Explore how to raise awareness and understanding amongst practitioners, parents and children to improve prevention and early detection;
- Discuss how to deliver a child-centred system, with improved services for victims and support throughout the CJS;
- Share vital best practice in monitoring, tackling and preventing child sexual exploitation.
I am pleased to advise you that we offer a 20% early registration discount off the standard delegate rates for all bookings received by 27th January 2012. For further details about the symposium, please refer to the enclosed event brochure. Do feel free to circulate this information to relevant colleagues within your organisation.
In the meantime, to ensure your organisation is represented, please complete and return the attached registration form at your earliest convenience in order to secure your delegate place(s).
Previous Events (general) items
- 01/01/2012: Council of Europe anti-torture Committee: 2012 country visits
- 16/12/2011: The ‘Our Voices’ Network: Children’s participation in preventing sexual violence
- 15/12/2011: New Technologies and Human Rights
- 13/12/2011: NIGERIA: The Launch of AFRUCA Foundation, Nigeria
- 12/12/2011: US Government Evidence Summit on Protecting Children Outside of Family Care
Last updated 10/01/2012 18:20:06