The International Juvenile Justice Observatory, which is part of the Diagrama Foundation (Fundación Diagrama), has submitted a proposal of Opinion entitled "Prevention of the Juvenile Delinquency" to the European Economic and Social Committee, on the initiative of Mr. José Maria Zufiaur, President of the Latin American Follow-up Committee and Adviser of the European Economic and Social Committee.
According to the Recommendation of the Committee of Ministers for the Council of Europe on September 24th, 2003, juvenile delinquency has become a subject of great concern in the majority of European countries. This Recommendation also evokes the need to set up new answers on a European scale, giving more importance to multidisciplinary coordination. Considering the principles of the Recommendation, the main aims of this proposal of Opinion are: to develop a common policy of prevention of juvenile delinquency and to work out guidelines of good practices facilitating a uniform implementation in Europe.
Previous News release items
- 24/02/2006: Health Care and Education for Many of the World's Poorest Children At Risk Due to Proposed Cuts in U.S. Foreign Assistance Budget
- 24/02/2006: Conseil des Droits de l'Homme: Louise Arbour exhorte les Etats-membres à soutenir le Conseil
- 24/02/2006: Projects on Reducing Child Labour through Education (request for proposals)
- 24/02/2006: UN Asks India to Play Lead Role in Protecting Children
- 24/02/2006: La Haut-Commissaire aux Droits de l'Homme exhorte les Etats-membres à soutenir le Conseil des Droits de l'Homme
C/ Cáceres, 55. 28045. Madrid. Spain.
Central Office: C/ Teso de la Feria, 9. 37008. Salamanca. Spain
Tel: +34 923 194 170; Fax: +34 923 194 171
Last updated 27/02/2006 06:57:43